Astonishingly fast Amstrad CPC game engine for C developers
CPCtelera is an integrated development framework for creating Amstrad CPC games and content which includes:
- A low-level library with support for: graphics, audio, keyboard, firmware, strings, video hardware manipulation and memory management.
- A complete set of programming examples to learn from.
- An API for developing games and software in C and Assembler.
- A complete multi-platform building system with support for building CDTs and DSKs automatically.
- Tools for content authoring (audio, graphics and level editing)
- Automatic installers and wrappers for third party tools (such us emulators or other low-level libraries)
CPCtelera has been conceived with these aims in mind:
- Delivering a convenient, usable and fast environment for developing games
- Providing an up-to-date, detailed and easy to consult documentation
- Giving technical details of the complete implementation for those curious
- Easing the install and configuration process
Starting with CPCtelera is very easy:
- Windows (with Cygwin 32/64 bits)
- OS X
If you test it in any platform (listed here or not) and have problems, please feel free to report them to us.
All CPCtelera authors give big most sincere thanks to the amazing people that decided to give economic support to CPCtelera and our other CPC-related projects.
Contact information and support
- (C) Copyright 2014-2016 CPCtelera's awesome authors
- CPCtelera low-level library, examples and scripts are distributed under GNU Lesser General Public License v3
- Content authoring tools included within CPCtelera (under cpctelera/tools folder) have their own licenses. Check each of them in their respective folders for more details.